Today’s recipe that you are going to love s breakfast lemon poppyseed pancakes. Start off by mixing the dry ingredients; two cups of all-purpose flour, 3 teaspoons of baking powder and a half a teaspoon of baking soda, a three-quarters teaspoon of salt, 3 tablespoons of poppy seeds and just mix the ingredients together. Youll also needs a tablespoon of lemon zest which will be about 2 lemons, mix and set them aside. For the wet ingredients, you are going to need 6 egg whites and two yolks.
To the egg yolks, add one a third cup of buttermilk, three tablespoons of melted unsalted butter, half teaspoon of vanilla extract and cane syrup, you can also use honey and whisk it together then add one lemon juice then set aside. Beat the egg whites until they are fluffy, meanwhile, mix the wet ingredients int the dry ingredients. Take about a third of the beaten egg white into the pancake batter to lighten the batter then add the remaining egg white. The more you fold the more the batter becomes light for the pancake. Heat your griddle to 350 degrees and rub it with a little oil.
Take a third of a cup of the pancake batter and cook them on the griddle until you start seeing bubbles around the edges of the pancakes and they start to look dry It should take about two to three minutes to cook the first side of the pancake then one to two minutes on the other side. Serve the lemon poppyseed pancakes with blueberry and honey.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons juice
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, separated, plus 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup, such as Lyle’s Golden, plus more for serving
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- Ricotta and fresh blueberries, for serving
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds, salt, and lemon zest in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, lemon juice, egg yolks, butter, vanilla, and syrup.
- Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Stir one-third of egg whites into batter. Gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Preheat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium; coat with a thin layer of cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook, undisturbed, until bubbles appear on top and edges are set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook until puffed and golden, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet; keep warm in a 225 degrees oven until ready to serve.
- Serve, with butter, ricotta, blueberries, and more syrup.