This is a moist and fragrant orange cake known simply as orange cake to get started, grease your baking pan with butter and dust it with your flour. Next, sift your all/purpose flour with baking powder do this twice and put it aside then zest and juice the oranges and set it aside. Next, get your butter and place it in the stand mixer bowl and add in your granulated sugar and cream them together until light and fluffy.
Add in your eggs one at a time and make sure it is well beaten before adding the other egg. Once all of your eggs have been incorporated into the mixture add the half sifted flour into the bowl and add in half of the milk into the bowl and half of the orange juice and beat it well until combined. Next, add the remaining half of the flour and milk and mix it in well when it is ready to take it out and fold in your orange zest then pour your batter into your prepared pan.
Place the baking pan with the batter in your preheated oven of 350F or 180C for 55 minutes to an hour and your cake will be done and now it is time to take it out of the oven. This cake is really fragrant, use a customary toothpick or a skewer test by inserting either a toothpick or skewer at the center and if it comes out clean it is done.
Take it out of the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it and let it cool completely on the wire rack. And you will have a fragrant moist and tender cake you can slice and enjoy.
- 1¾ cup (265g) all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ sticks butter (2/3 cup/141g) (softened)
- ¾ cup (165g) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
- 3 oz (90ml) orange juice
- Zest from 1 orange
- Grease and flour an 8-in x 4-in loaf pan or 8-inch baking tin. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda into a medium-sized bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Add half the flour mixture, half of the milk, and half of the orange juice. Beat at low speed. Then add remaining flour mixture, milk, and orange juice. Continue to beat until combine.
- Fold in orange zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack.