There are some desserts which are very light and easy to eat and can be enjoyed at any time of the day. This is a very interesting and traditional dessert of financers cupcakes that are tall and flavored with orange. So first heat up a pan to which you will need to add butter and melt the butter and cook this till it gets a nice golden brown color.
Once the butter has gotten that nice golden color turn the gas off and let it cool. In the meantime in a large bowl sift together the almond flour we need to sieve this separately as the grain is quite bigger than the refined flour and icing sugar so now sieve that first the big grains put them back in the jar. So start serving the refined flour then add icing sugar and sift together, when these are sieved mix all the ingredients nicely and add orange zest to the mixture.
Grate the orange zest and mix it nicely using a wire whisk, when it is done set it aside. Take another big bowl and add egg white and start beating it using a hand mixer. Add the refined flour mixture to the egg whites and fold the mixture nicely using a spatula. Once the flour is nicely incorporated with the egg mixture start add in the butter which has come down to the room temperature. Add the butter slowly to the mixture as you keep mixing with a spatula.
Then add in some orange juice and again mix it nicely and now the butter is ready then transfer it to a piping bag. Get a silicone mold in which you are going to pipe the mixture so lets cut the tip then start pipping into the mold to about three-quarters full. After filling the mold with the batter, give a light tap and then add more orange zest on top then bake these financiers in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for around 20 to 25 minutes. Demold them then place them on a wire rack to cool completely then dust with sugar on top and serve and enjoy it at any time any day.
- 125 (one and a half cups) grams of almond flour
- 150( 2/3 cup) grams of butter
- 85 grams (3/4cup) of refined flour
- 200 grams icing sugar + for dusting
- Zest of ½ orange + for topping
- 200 grams egg whites
- Juice of ¼ orange
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan and cook till light golden. Remove from heat and cool.
- Sift together almond flour, refined flour, and icing sugar into a bowl and mix well. Add orange zest, mix and set aside.
- Take egg whites in a bowl and whisk till foamy. Add flour mixture and fold gently. Add cooked butter gradually and mix well. Add orange juice and mix again.
- Fill a piping bag with the prepared mixture. Pipe out the mixture into a silicone cupcake mold and tap. Top each mold with orange zest.
- Put the mold on a baking tray. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Demould, dust some icing sugar on top, and serve.