This is the perfect better than boxed brownies recipe. It is easy to prepare and bake and it whips in just one bowl, this will be your brownies recipe of your dreams. It is everything you could possibly want in a brownie. Prepare an 8 by 8 or 9 baking dishes by lining the bottom and sides with a parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, add one cup of melted unsalted butter and to that add a tablespoon of coffee, you can leave the coffee out or replace it with a tablespoon of vanilla extract. Add one cup of granulated sugar and one cup of dark brown sugar and give everything a whisk just until everything is combined then add 3 large eggs and whisk them in until you have a nice and smooth mixture.
Sift in the dry ingredients starting with one cup of flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix it until it is just combined then add chocolate chips, you could also add chocolate chunks or nuts. Fold the chocolate chips in nice and easy until they are well dispersed in the batter.
Pour the chocolate batter in the prepared pan and level it then bakes in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for about half an hour. Once baked, let it cool down for 10 minutes then remove the brownies from the pan and slice it. It should have a crisp edge with a molten chocolate center, enjoy.
For the Brownie:
- 1 cup (200g/ 7Oz) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200g/ 7Oz) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup (75g/ 2.6Oz) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (120g/ 4.2Oz) flour
- 1 teaspoon (6g/ 0.2Oz) salt
- 1.5 cup (260g/ 9.2Oz) dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225g/ 7.9Oz) melted butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp coffee 15ml
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract 15ml
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prep an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and coffee then mix together well.
- Add the white and brown sugars to the mixture and whisk together well.
- Sift cocoa powder, flour, and salt into the bowl and mix until just combined then toss in chocolate chips or chunks and fold into the batter.
- Add batter to pan and smooth to the edges. You can add more chocolate chips to the top before baking if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the centre is just set.