One bowl chocolate cake is the easiest chocolate cake recipe for any novice baker. It is very simple and easy to make for family or when you want to bake something very quickly. Measure out the ingredients and whisk everything together in one bowl until the batter is smooth. It might seem runny and not thick but no worries, the cake will bake perfectly and every bite will be moist and melt in your mouth.
To start with, add one cup of all-purpose flour in a bowl, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, one teaspoon of coffee and the coffee is optional but you should try it because it will enhance your chocolate flavour. Add in one cup of granulated white sugar the whisk all the ingredients in the bowl then add one cup of yoghurt, vegetable oil, a splash of vanilla and three medium-ranged eggs at room temperature.
With a hand whisk, mix everything together until you get a very smooth batter. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and butter then line your baking tin with parchment paper. This cake can be baked in any type of tin that you have. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
Once baked, let the chocolate cake cool then loosen the edges with a spatula and turn the cake upside down to remove from the pan. You can ice this cake if you want or serve the way it is without icing. To make this easy chocolate frosting, all you need is a whisk and a saucepan. No mixer needed! Simply melt butter and whisk it with cocoa powder. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk to make a smooth, rich, shiny frosting. Spread over still-warm cake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder (optional)
- 3/4th cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, coffee powder, cocoa powder, sugar and whisk until combined
- Now add the yoghurt, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, eggs and whisk until you get a smooth batter
- Pour this batter in a previously lined baking tray with oil and parchment paper and bake for 35 to 40 mins in a preheated oven at 175 degrees or until a toothpick inserted at the centre of the cake comes off clean
- Ice with chocolate frosting or any frosting of your choice and serve