This is a light fluffy tea time cake. I flavoured it with some vanilla. This cake tastes amazing with a cup of tea or coffee. A must-try snack recipe to munch on when you feel like eating something sweet. Try this easy cake recipe and enjoy with your loved ones. You can add your own twist to this Vanilla cake recipe by icing it with the whipped cream or chocolate sauce and top it with some colourful sprinkles.
Grease and flour a loaf pan. Line bottom with parchment paper. With the rack in centre, heat oven to 325 degrees. Place a baking sheet on the rack to heat. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy. Add vanilla; beat until creamy.
With the mixer on lowest speed, gradually add flour mixture. Mix just until incorporated. Scrape batter into prepared pan; tap on countertop to settle. Place pan on the baking sheet in the oven. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until cake is golden on top and a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Let pan cool on a rack for 1 hour. Slide knife around the cake to loosen. Invert pan to remove the cake, then place upright on the rack. When completely cool, wrap tightly in plastic and let stand 24 hours. Serve with fresh mixed berries on the side.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 ml virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon yoghurt (curd)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 handful cashews
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- To prepare this cake recipe, preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius. Take the pan of your choice and grease it with some oil.
- Dust it with flour evenly. Keep the pan aside.
- Take a large bowl and add yoghurt in it, beat it vigorously till no lumps remain. Next, add baking powder and baking soda in the bowl and mix once again.
- You can use a hand blender for better results. Keep this bowl aside for 5-8 minutes and let the mixture bubble up.
- Once bubbles appear in the curd mixture, add olive oil in the bowl along with caster sugar and vanilla essence, and stir to mix all the ingredients till uniformly blended.
- Add all-purpose flour in batches in the bowl and stir gently till just combined. It is important to add in batches as adding too much at a time will leave lumps.
- The cake batter is now ready and hence pour it into the greased cake pan. Spread it evenly with the help of a spoon and sprinkle the chopped cashews evenly on top. You can use other nuts of your choice and not use any nuts at all if you do not like them in your cake.
- Put this pan in the preheated oven and bake at 220 degrees Celsius for about 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and bake the cake for another 40–45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- When the cake is nicely browned from outside and clean done from the inside, take out the cake pan and let it cool. Once it comes down at the room temperature.
- Gradually loosen the edges of the cake and remove it from the pan. Cut into clean slices and serve warm or cold with coffee or tea.