You can make an absolutely killer chocolate dessert, with no oven, and just handful ingredients you most likely already have at home. This no-bake chocolate pie is an example of a no-baking dessert at its best. Put 4 ounces of digestive crackers or graham crackers in a zip bag and finely crush with a rolling pin. You can also use a food processor to crash your crackers which is a lot easier than using the rolling pin. Once done, transfer the cookie crumbles in a bowl and pour in half a cup and two tablespoons of melted unsalted butter. Mix that until homogenous then place a sheet of parchment paper inside a baking pan and add the mixture into the pan. Press down firmly to make a tart crust then place it in the refrigerator.
Place dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl then in another thick-bottomed saucepan, add in a two-thirds cup of whipped cream then add in three tablespoons of unsalted butter and granulated sugar then let it boil over medium heat. When it starts to bubble up, remove from the heat then immediately pour the cream mixture into the chocolate chips. The chocolate will start to melt and begin stirring the mixture until silky and homogenous. Fill the chocolate mixture into the low chilled tart crust from the fridge and place it in the fridge again until set. When the chocolate has hardened from the fridge, remove and run the back of a knife around the tart to loosen from the rim of the pan then remove the tart from the pan. To serve this no-bake chocolate pie, dust with unsweetened cocoa powder.
For the tart crust;
- 4 oz graham cracker (112g)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (110g), melted
- 6.7 oz dark chocolate (190g) (for Hershey’s baking chips, it’s 1 cup and
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (13g)
- 2/3 cup whipping cream (160ml)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (36g)
- First, put digestive crackers or graham crackers in a zip bag and finely crush with a rolling pin.
- You can also use a food processor. And transfer the cookie crumbs into a bowl and pour in the melted unsalted butter.
- And mix until homogenous. Place a sheet of parchment paper inside of a pan.
- And add the mixture in the pan and press down firmly to make a tart crust. Then store in the refrigerator.
Make chocolate filling;
- Add dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl.
- And pour whipping cream in a thick-bottomed saucepan and add in unsalted butter and granulated sugar.
- And over medium heat, melt the butter and bring the mixture into a boil.
- When big bubbles start to appear, remove the pan from the heat and immediately pour the cream mixture into the chocolate chips.
- Then cover the bowl with a plate. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- The chocolate will melt during the time. And stir the mixture until silky and homogenous.
Make the pie;
- Fill the chocolate mixture into the now-chilled tart crust.
- And let cool in the refrigerator until set.
- Out of refrigerator, run the back of a knife around the tart to loosen from the rim of pan.
- And remove the tart from the pan. Keep refrigerated before serving.