This cake is so soft and moist and very flavourful and what’s great is that it is so easy to make. The first thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenght. You cann use and 8-inch springform pan or a bundt pan. In a large bowl, add in all-purpose flour, to that add ground almonds, ground almonds will add a nice texture to the cake. You will also add in baking soda, baking powder and salt then add in lemon or lime zest.
When taking off the zest, you just want to grate the skin not underneath the white part which is bitter. Mix everything together and set aside. In another large bowl, break in two large eggs at room temparature then to that add plain full fat yoghurt, if you don’t want to use yoghurt you can use sour cream. This will add a tangy taste and make the cake wonderfully moist. Add in flavourless oil such as vegetable oi, for flavouring, you will add vanilla extract and sugar then mix everything together.
Make a well at the centre of the dry ingredients then pour in the wet ingredienst and mix it all together. Pour th batter to the cake pan and bake between 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted at the centre will come out clean. Once bakes, let it cool then remove the cake from the pan and onto a serving plate. You can decorate with powdered sugar or lemon glaze and enjoy.
- 1 1/4 cups (165 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) kosher salt
- Zest (outer skin) of one lemon (optional)
- 2 large eggs (100 grams out of shell), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml/grams) flavourless oil (safflower, corn, vegetable, or canola)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml/grams) whole milk plain yoghurt, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the centre of the oven.
- Butter, or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray, an 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, stir or whisk together the eggs, oil, yoghurt, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the sugar. Add the wet ingredients to the dry flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- You can serve this cake plain or with a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream, or lightly sweetened yoghurt.