Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and the perfect thickness to hold a huge scoop of ice cream. Once baked, these ice cream sandwiches can be stacked in a large airtight container and they will keep well that way. Refrigerating your cookies also makes them taste better.
By letting the dough chill, the flour breaks down into a simple carb and sugar, making the flavour more concentrated and pronounced. Add your butter in a bowl together with brown sugar then using a fork or a hand mixer, combine everything until it is well combined.
Add in your eggs and combine to the mixture too then you are also going to add butterscotch flavoured jello to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined. This is going to make the cookies soft and chewy and give the caramel flavour. Add self-raising flour to the mixture and again mix everything until well combined then add half a cup of chocolate chips to the batter and continue mixing.
Once done, use an ice cream scooper to scoop the batter into a baking tray and bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 13 to 15 minutes.
To make the ice cream, grab two cups of half and a half and add sweet condensed milk and two teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Grab a spoon and mix everything together then refrigerate it overnight or if you have an ice cream maker, you can use it for the ice cream making. To assemble the ice cream cookies, grab your cookies and add the ice cream on the cookies and you have to work quickly because the ice cream will melt especially if it is homemade ice cream.
Grab the other cookie and sandwich the cookies with the ice cream then freeze the cookies for about 15 minutes before eating.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick 1-minute oats
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, syrup and baking soda.
- Add the peanut butter and then the oats. Stir well to combine and then add the chocolate chips, mixing them in thoroughly.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Roll each ball of dough between your hands to make it smooth and round.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes, watching closely to make sure they do not over bake.
- The cookies should be barely browned around the edges and just past looking wet on top.
- Cool on sheet for 1 minute and then remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
To assemble the sandwiches;
- When the cookies are completely cool, scoop 1/3 cup of ice cream onto one cookie.
- Then top with a second cookie and press gently to spread the ice cream evenly between the cookies.
- Fill all the cookie sandwiches and then place the ice cream sandwiches on a large tray in the freezer until firm.