This ultimate ice cream sandwich cake is like a big bar slab, absolutely delicious and super simple to make. To make this cake, you will use a premade ice cream sandwiches, you can also make your own cookie recipe but using the pre-made sandwiches is much easier and fast. Get your whipping cream about 35% milk fat cream, some oreo cookies but any chocolate sandwich cookies or your favorite cookies will do. Start off by smashing the cookies in a sealed bag, you can use a rolling pin to smash them until all crushed and crumble.
With the oreo crushed, start whipping your cream. You just want to semi whip it, you don’t want to bring it to a full firm peak. Spread a little cream on a flat plate then start lining your sandwich cookies, in between put a nice generous layer of cream then add another layer of the sandwiches. Add another layer for cream and add sandwiches until you are done. Once you are done, put a really thin coat on the top to bind everything together. Pop in the freezer for about 20 minutes or so. Once nice and frozen, use a serrated knife to trim the edges so it’s nice and flat on all four sides.
Give it a final coat with the whipped cream then you are going to press it with the crushed Oreo cookies then set it in the fridge again. Make sure you’ve got a mixture between big and small chunks and make sure you press it all the way up onto all those sides. Set in the fridge for at least an hour before serving it. You can cover it with a little plastic wrap and stir it up to a week.
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce warmed
- 4 cups whipped cream
- 1 3.9 oz. pkg instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups Oreos, chopped and crushed
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- In a medium bowl, whisk fudge topping and 1 – 2 cups whipped cream until well blended.
- Add the dry pudding mix and stir for a few minutes. Add 1 cup chopped cookies and mix until blended. Set aside.
- Place 4 ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Add half the whipped cream pudding mixture on top, then repeat layers.
- Add the last 4 sandwiches, then cover the entire cake with the remaining whipped cream making sure to add the rest of the chopped cookies to the cake.
- Freeze cake for 1 hour, then lightly wrap with foil and continue freezing for an additional 2-3 hours.