Honey butter crescent rolls are easy to make with a soft, buttery, fluffy layer and downright yum. We start by adding warm water in a bowl, sprinkle yeast that we are going to add in a little bit of sugar then we stir it up and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Add the yeast mixture after it has activated into a bowl, add some more milk, lightly beaten eggs, sugar, a little bit of salt some chopped butter and let it soften up. Combine the ingredients with a hands mixer.
Add some flour a little bit while you continue to stir until the dough starts to get hard then transfer it to your baking surface. Knead the dough until the texture is perfect then cover it in a bowl and let it rise for around two hours. Make sure you place this dough in a warm area so it can rise well and double in size before you start to bake.
Meanwhile, we make the honey butter by adding honey to your melted butter, add in some powdered suger and stir it. By now, our dough will be ready and we take it out of the bowl onto the bakin surface and knead it once more with the flour working on the dough so its not sticky.
Divide into two equal size and ussing a roling pin roll the dough like a pizza and using a pizza cutter, cut it to litttle slices then brush the dough with hney butter. Roll the dough from the wide part to s\the smaller part of the slice. After you are done, cover them up and let it rise again then go ahead and remove the wrapper after these rolls have risen and place them into a pregeated 375 degrees fahrenheit oven. Bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes . Brush them with the remaining honey butter mixture when they are straight from the oven and serve them hot, serve them with whipped pumpkin butter or just the plain stuff. !
- 6 – 6½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup nonfat dry milk
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ⅓ c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour and the yeast; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine the pumpkin, water, dry milk, butter, brown sugar, honey, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Heat until warm, about 120 degrees.
- Add the pumpkin mixture and eggs to flour/yeast. Beat on low for 30 seconds, then turn speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Switch to the dough hook attachment, then turn speed on low, gradually add the remaining flour. Knead the dough for 3 minutes or until a soft and tacky dough forms.
- Shape the dough into a ball. Place in a lightly buttered bowl, turning once to grease the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 – 1½ hours.
- Punch the dough down. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into thirds. Cover the dough and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll each ball of dough into a 12-inch circle. In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the filling together. Spread over the three circles.
- Using a pizza cutter or pastry wheel, cut each circle into 12 wedges. Then cut a ½-inch slit into the top of each wedge. To shape the rolls, begin at the wide end of each wedge and roll toward the point.
- Place point sides down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow the rolls to rise in a warm place until almost double in size, about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Uncover and bake the rolls for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Brush the tops of the hot rolls with melted butter, serve warm.