This is a very simple chili garlic noodles that you are going to love especially if you love spicy foods. You can reduce the spices in this recipe as you desire. First, you are going to cook the noodles, take a pot pour enough water once the water starts boiling add a little salt add about 300 grams of Hakka noodles then gently drop them into the water. When the Hakka noodles are about 90 percent cooked, strain them immediately drizzle a little oil so that the noodles don’t stick.
For the garlic noodles, take a nice wide pan then add 2 tbsp. of sesame oil, once the oil is hot add finely chopped garlic, one large onion thinly sliced, and one green chili finely chopped. Sauté the onions until they are transparent. Once they are transparent add the other vegetables starting with one carrot medium-sized, one bowl of shredded cabbage, half yellow bell paper thinly sliced, half red bell paper thinly sliced, half green capsicum thinly sliced.
To this add some spring onions whites and stir. Add 2 teaspoons vinegar, add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, next am going to add 1 tablespoon of red chili sauce and 1 tablespoon of green chili sauce if you don’t have green chili sauce you can use 2 tablespoons of red chili sauce and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
Next, add the cooked noodles into the wok using two wooden spoons to mix the noodles gently so they won’t break. After frying the noodles for about 10 minutes, make sure the noodles are completely coated with the vegetables and sauce. Check for seasoning at this point if it needs more salt you can add a little bit.
Finish it off with some spring onions greens to give you a nice crunch. Chili garlic noodles are ready to be served to serve it hot. You can always add
- Noodles – 300 Gms
- Sesame Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Onion, Thinly Sliced
- Green Chili
- Cabbage – 1 Bowl
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Capsicum
- Spring Onion Whites
- Vinegar – 2 Tsp
- Soy Sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Red Chili Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Green Chili Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Pepper – 1 Tsp
- Spring Onion Greens
- For the noodles to cook – take a pan, add enough water, add some salt as required, and now add 300 gms of Hakka noodles.
- Once its 90% cooked take it off the flame and strain it, add some oil so that it won’t stick to each other.
- Take a pan, add 2 TBSP of sesame oil, some finely chopped garlic, 1 thinly sliced onion, and 1 green chili finely chopped.
- Now start off with adding some veggies like 1 medium-sized carrot (julienne cut), 1 bowl of shredded cabbage, ½ thinly sliced yellow red and green bell pepper, some spring onions(whites).
- Then add 2 TSP of vinegar, 2 TBSP of soy sauce, 1 TBSP of red chili sauce, 1 TBSP of green chili sauce, and 1 TSP pepper powder.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles and toss it all together.
- Garnish it with some spring onions (greens), serve it hot