The home-baked cake is the best you will not find this cake to buy anywhere else it is tangy and delicious. First of all measure all your ingredients starting with cake flour, Greek yoghurt, unsalted butter (all your ingredients should be at room temperature), and sugar. So in a large bowl add in your unsalted butter and beat it until fluffy for about 5 minutes using a hand mixer.
Scrap the bowl and bring the butter into the centre and add in the granulated sugar and keep on mixing it in and scrape the bowl and bring the mixture to the centre of the bowl and continue mixing to make sure everything is well mixed in and it comes to light and fluffy. Then add in your eggs adding in one at a time mixing well after each addition.
Since this is a vanilla pound cake add in vanilla flavouring and mix everything together and then it is time to add in your Greek yoghurt. The yoghurt is vanilla flavoured Greek yoghurt to make the vanilla flavour to be very intensified in the cake but you can use the different flavour of your yoghurt you can use plain yoghurt, you can have pineapple you can mango it depends on the flavourings you have available.
Now it is time to mix in the dry ingredients you can use a sieve and to the flour add the baking powder in the flour and sift it together into the butter mixture to remove clumps and weevils and unwanted lumps so as not to eat cake and have a lump of baking powder. Next, fold everything in using a spatula until everything is properly combined so you do not have to mix it for long.
Use a medium loaf pan and butter it and then flour it to just coat it and then transfer the batter to the cake pan with the help of a spatula to make sure everything goes in the baking pan. Try to smoothen the top using a spatula and then transfer it to the preheated oven and bake within one hour then remove it from the oven when done and transfer it to a cooling wire rack to cool then slice and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup (145g / 5.1 Oz) Greek yoghurt
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp (175g / 6.2 Oz) Sugar
- 1½ cups (190g / 6.7 Oz) Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (100ml) Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Line 8-inch (20cm) round cake pan with parchment, grease with butter/cooking spray and dust with flour. set aside. Preheat oven to 170C (340F).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt until light and fluffy, about 3minutes. Add yoghurt, oil, vanilla extract, and whisk until incorporated.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Stir until incorporated.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, release from the pan and let cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.