You’ll be amazed as to how quickly this ramen noodles comes together – 30 minutes or less from start to finish. To make this beef ramen stir fry healthier, we make our own sauce, pack it full of veggies, and use a leaner cut of beef. To use ramen noodles in a stir fry, prepare them according to package instructions – without the seasoning. Undercook them by about one minute, that way they don’t get mushy, and they finish cooking in the stir fry. Also, add a little dash of oil if they have to sit a few minutes before being added to the stir fry so that they don’t stick together. The ingredients for this recipe are sesame oil, packaged ramen noodles, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sriracha.
The sriracha can be added to your own taste. You will start by cooking your noodles according to package directions. While they are cooking simply heat your sesame oil in a medium skillet and saute the garlic for one minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining sauce ingredients. Then, drain your ramen and toss them in the sauce. You can then eat these noodles as are or taste them and see if you’d like more spice. If so, add a bit more sriracha until desired heat is reached. Top these with chopped green onions, peanuts, or sesame seeds.
- 2 (3.5-ounce) packages instant ramen noodles
- 1/3 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook ramen noodles until tender, about 3-4 minutes; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beef stock, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, and Sriracha.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in a beef stock mixture, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in ramen noodles until heated through and evenly coated in sauce, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired