Soft as cloud souffle cheesecake is one of the most delicious cheesecakes you will ever bake. You will start by buttering the cake mould with butter then line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl add 200 grams of cream cheese then lightly warm it in the microwave and let it loose or whisk it with a wire whisk until smooth.
Once the cheese is soft, add 200 ml of heavy cream and slowly whisk the milk into the cream cheese until smooth. In a separate bowl, separate egg yolks from the whites then add 3 egg yolks to the cream cheese mixture and whisk it in until it is combined. Sift in cake flour then whisk the flour in until it is moistened and there are no lumps.
Set the cake batter aside. Bring the bowl with the egg whites and start beating the whites until foamy and then add granulated sugar in three additions while beating the mixture after each addition until the sugar is combined. Whip until the egg whites reach a soft peak. Add a small amount of the egg whites to the cake batter and mix it in until combined then pour the cake batter into the meringue and fold it in with a spatula.
You want to be gentle when mixing the better with the meringue because the meringue is what will give the structure and fluffiness to this cheesecake and when teh air pockets in the meringue are broken, you will have a flat cheesecake. Once you have a homogenous batter, pour it into the prepared cake mould and tap it a few times on the counter.
Place the pan over a baking tray and add hot water to the baking tray. Bake the cheesecake in a 285 degrees Fahrenheit (140C) oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Once baked, let the cake sit in the oven for about 20 minutes before removing it then brush the top with apricot jam then let the cake cool down to room temperature. Rest the cake in the fridge for about 3 hours then remove it from the cake mould and serve.
- 200g Cream cheese
- 3 egg yolk
- 200ml heavy cream
- 50g Flour
- 6 Egg white
- 80g Granulated sugar
- Make the cream cheese that has returned to room temperature into pomade and add the yolk and fresh cream.
- Add soft flour and mix to avoid lumps.
- Make meringue with egg white and granulated sugar and combine with cream cheese.
- Pour the dough into a mould, soak it in a baking sheet, and steam in an oven preheated to 140 ° C.
- Once the cake is baked, let it sit in the oven for about 20 minutes (If you take it out of the oven immediately after baking, teh cake may fall.)
- Add a small amount of hot water to the apricot jam and apply it to the surface.
- When the souffle cheesecake cools down to room temperature, wrap it and let it rest for about 3 hours in the refrigerator.