This fluffy Orange Cake made with fresh orange juice and orange zest gives it that perfect amount of orange flavor. The frosting is a combination of sweet cream butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and orange zest. You can completely cover the cake with frosting for a traditional cake or if you love the look of a naked cake.
What you will love about this easy recipe is that it is a few simple ingredients and comes together so quickly. It also incorporated fresh orange juice as well as orange extract so the flavor is out of this world amazing.
- 125g softened butter
- 125g of powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest and juice of an orange
- 125g of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ orange
- 150g icing sugar
- In a bowl, mix the softened butter with half of the powdered sugar, separate the whites from the egg yolks.
- Add the egg yolks, orange zest and orange juice to the butter-sugar mixture, then gradually add the sifted flour and yeast.
- Beat the egg whites to very firm snow with the remaining sugar. Add gently to the preparation.
- Pour into a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C (350 F) for 30 min or until the knife blade comes out dry.
- Prepare the syrup by mixing the orange juice and icing sugar, pour over the cake at the end of the oven, or if you choose to make a thicker glaze spread with a spatula.