A delicious moist cake loaded with chcolate chunks is the ultimate weekend dessert. Make sure the bananas are crazy ripe, the more freckles the better. This recipe is totally gluten-free and you will use gluten-free rolled oats that are processed until they reach a flour-like consistency.
Into the oats flour, add coconut flour, some flaxseed this is really nutritious, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk that up then set it aside. For the wet ingredients, you will need two cups of super ripe bananas and to that add honey, coconuts suga, vanilla extract, almond milk, three eggs and natural almond butter then whisk the wet ingredienst together until they are well combined.
Add the flour mixture to the wet batter mixture and whisk everything until the dry ingredients are moistened then add chocolate chips and fold them in. Lightly grease and line a baking pan with parchment paper then pour in the batter, spread the top and add more chcolate chips right on top.
Bake the cake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 60 minutes. Once out of the oven, place the cake on a wire rack and let it cool completely before slicing.
- 2 cups ripe banana mashed
- 1 1/2 cups natural no-stir almond butter softened
- 5 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp (33grams/1.2Oz) coconut sugar packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (118ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup (37 grams/ 1.3Oz) coconut flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oats pulsed in a food processor until it reaches a powder
- 2 tbsp flax seed ground
- 1/4 cup mini dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 banana sliced lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9×5” loaf pan
- In one bowl, mix together the banana, almond butter, honey, coconut sugar, vanilla, almond milk, and eggs.
- In another bowl, mix together the salt, cinnamon, baking soda, powder, coconut flour, oats, and flax.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and add in half of the chocolate chips.
- Fill the loaf pan with the batter and place the banana half, cut side up, in the centre of the loaf. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 50 -60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with only a few crumbs clinging onto it (but not super damp crumbs).
- Allow cooling on a cooling rack before removing from the pan and serving.