This decadently delicious banana bread has a slew of spices with tons of chocolate chips and packed with bananas. You will start by mushing your super ripe bananas into a bowl using a fork until you have a gooey pudding-like consistency. For the dry ingredients, soft all-purpose flour, allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix it up then set it aside.
Cream room temperature butter in a stand mixer then add in sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Break-in eggs into the butter mixture one at a time while still beating on medium-high speed. You will also need yogurt for a little extra moisture and tang, just about two tablespoons will be fine then toss in a teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix them in.
Add in your bananas and mix it in then add the flour mixture inside and mix on low. You will then need about one and a half cups of chocolate chips and you can also add in whatever you want, coconuts of toasted nuts will still be fine. Once you have mixed everything in, butter and line your loaf tin with parchment paper then dump the batter into the pan.
Level it in the pan then add chocolate chips on top, you can sprinkle them strategically or place them more evenly but you want to have a nice cover of chocolate chips on top of the cake. Bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for a little less than an hour, you can start checking the readiness of the cake for the 50th minute. Use a skewer to check if the cake is well baked. Let the cake cool down before you start easting.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 215g
- 1 tsp baking powder 4g
- 1 tsp baking soda 6g
- 1 tsp salt 6g
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice 1g
- 1/4 tsp cardamom 500mg
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg 500mg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100g
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 50g
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 113g room temperature
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt 30g
- 2 eggs large
- 3 ripe bananas mashed about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 265g
- 1 tsp vanilla 5mL
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9 x 5inch pan. I like to line the long end with a piece of parchment paper that overhangs the edge. It’s great for lifting the bred out after baking.
- Mash your very ripe bananas in a small bowl and mix with the 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Let each egg incorporate before adding the next.
- Mix in mashed bananas and yogurt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle top liberally with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.