This is sure one of the easiest and fluffiest muffins that I’ve baked so far. This tasted just like the bakery muffins both in taste and texture minus the eggy flavor. These muffins are mildly sweet perfect for breakfast or with coffee. But if you prefer sweeter muffins then you can add 1/2 cup sugar. Used an ice cream scooper to scoop the batter to have even sized muffins.
You can use any flavoring of your choice in this recipe but the most common that you can use is vanilla flavor. The muffins will puff up so well so don’t fill till the rim of the liners, just until three-quarters of the cupcake liners will be perfect, you can also add choco chips to the batter if you want.
If you dint have cupcake holders, you can bake this cake in a cake mold or loaf pan, in that case, it may take more time to bake around 35-40 minutes. If you are looking for an easy, quick and soft muffin recipe then this will aptly fit the bill. In a mixing bowl, take curd, to this add oil.
Then add vanilla essence and mix it well then add sugar and whisk well till sugar completely dissolves. Add baking soda, you can see bubbles appearing in few seconds after it is added, this shows your baking soda is active, finally, add in the flour then mix well.
The batter will be very thick. Line muffin liners in the muffin pan and keep it ready then preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celcius. Scoop the batter and fill three-quarters of the muffin liner and bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cooldown then store.
- Homemade Cake Flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup heaped
- Thick Curd or Greek Yoghurt– 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Cooking Oil – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl and mix well then set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients and combine very well then add to the dry ingredients and start mixing.
- Once the batter is well-formed, line your cupcake liners and fill about three-quarters full.
- You can add chocolate chips if you wish at this point
- Pop in a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees Celcius for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes sour clean.
- Let the muffins cool before serving. Enjoy.