Chiffon Cakes are delicate spongy cakes that are perfect perfect perfect for adding fruit purees. It is easy to make strawberry chiffon cake recipe. Eggs are the reason for the beautiful texture so this ingredient cannot be substituted for any other to make this Strawberry chiffon cake, truly the best chiffon cake recipe ever. Start off by cutting your strawberries into half then add in sugar and give it a mix, cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest for about 20 minutes. Let it marinate for two hours or overnight then puree that using a blender or food processor.
Once pureed, starting it to get rid of the seeds. In a separate bowl, begin combining the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is light pale yellow then add the oil. Add the strawberry puree and continue mixing it then combine the cafe flour and then salt then start adding the dry ingredients into the batter. Mix that ubtil they are just combined but do not overmix then set that aside. For the meringue, begin y beating the egg whites using an electric mixer until fluffy then gradually add the sugar and continue beating until it is a stiff peak. Add the meringue into the egg yolk-flour batter and using a spatula, fold that until completely combined.
Pour the batter into a cake pan and then bake that in a preheated 170 degrees oven for about 30 to 35 minurtes of until the skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. To decorate the cake, add a little bit of icing on the top then add strawberry over the buttercream. Slice and enjoy.
- 6 egg whites
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of fresh strawberries
- 60 ml of milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 80 ml of vegetable oil
- a few drops of red food coloring, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon strawberry essence
- 120 grams self-raising flour
- Firstly, to make the strawberry chiffon cake, in a bowl, beat the egg whites along with the sugar until you achieve super stiff peaks. Set aside.
- After that, in a blender, add the milk and strawberries together and blend. Set aside
- In another bowl, combine the egg yolks and vegetable oil. Beat well.
- Add the strawberry and milk mixture, mix well. Add the red color as required and strawberry essence.
- Make sure all the ingredients are well combined
- Add the self-raising flour to the mixture and whisk well making sure there are no lumps.
- Once the mixture feels smooth fold in the beaten egg whites a little at a time until all the egg whites have been incorporated into the batter, do not over mix.
- As a result, the mixture will be smooth with no lumps
- Place a piece of parchment paper at the base of an 8 inch round cake pan. Do not put butter or parchment paper for the sides of the dish
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan, tap the pan to remove extra air bubbles and avoid cracking.
- Place in an oven tray filled with warm water and bake at 170 degrees C for 55-60 mins.
- As a result, the top center of the cake should feel firm and bouncy when touched
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for 10 mins, pass a knife through the edges to loosen it up, tilt and remove the butter paper from the base.
- Serve with loads of strawberries along