Super soft, spongy egg cake filled with whipped cream. Start by separating 5 egg yolks from the egg whites and add the whites in a bowl and freeze it for 15 minutes. Lightly whisk the egg yolks to break them then add 70 ml of warmed milk and continue whisking until the milk is dissolved in the egg yolks. Add 60 ml of vegetable oil slowly while whisking it in then add vanilla extract for flavor. Sift in cake flour to the egg yolk mixture and whisk it in until the cake batter is smooth with no lumps.
Bring the egg whites from the freezer and whisk it on high speed until the egg whites are foamy and have doubled in size then add granulated sugar in three additions while you whip the whites well after each addition. Beat until the meringue reaches a soft peak. Add a third of the meringue top the cake batter and whisk it in until it is incorporated in the batter then add cake batter mixture to the remaining meringue and fold them in until you get a smooth batter.
Prepare a baking pan by lightly greasing then lining a 6 by 6 square or round cake tin with a parchment paper then pour in the batter. Place the square cake tin with the butter over a large tray and add hot water to the tray then bake the cake in the water bath in a preheated 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160C) oven for 36 minutes then lower the temperature to 284 degrees Fahrenheit (140C) and bake for an additional 14 minutes.
Once the cake is baked, let it cool slightly then remove it from the pan and invert the cake then make holes in the bottom of the cake and squeeze in whipped cream until you can feel the cream is filled in the cake. Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar and serve. Enjoy.
- 5 Egg yolks
- 70g Warmed milk
- 60g Warmed vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- 85g Cake flour
- 5 Egg whites(large)
- 85g Granulated sugar
- 150g Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 160°C then separate eggs into the egg yolk and egg white, put the egg white in the freezer until its edge is lightly frozen.
- Add to the egg yolk, and mix well then add warmed vegetable oil and vanilla oil, and mix well and sift in cake flour, and mix well. (egg yolk mixture)
- Add sugar to the egg white 3 separate times, and make the meringue. Add 1/3 of meringue to the egg yolk mixture and mix with a whisk.
- Add a third of the meringue to the cake batter, mix it well then pour the cake batter in the remaining meringue and fold it in.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth the surface then bake in a preheat the oven at 160°C, and pour boiling water into the roasting pan.
- Bake at 320 °F/ 160℃ for 36 mins. Turn the oven temperature down to 284 °F/140℃, and bake the cake for 14 mins.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool and use chopsticks to make holes then put the whipped cream in a plastic bag and in the holes of the cake fill it with whipped cream.
- Leave it in a fridge for a few hours and serve.