Serve up something sweet and simple today like this cream puff cake. So make your dough on a dry day and serve the same day. This dough comes together in minutes and bakes up quickly. It truly is a wonderfully impressive last minute dessert.
And served as a layer cake instead of individual cream puff cake is a spectacular time save. This cream puff cake puts a neat little spin on the traditional cream puff. It has a light, soft, puffy bottom layer.
Then it is topped with a delicious, creamy vanilla pudding layer and all of that is topped off with whipped topping and a little syrup. Also, you can drizzle a bit of chocolate syrup on top or raspberry.
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 box instant vanilla or white chocolate pudding
- 3 cups of milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- Boil together the margarine and water.
- Add flour and mix well. Cool slightly and stir in eggs, one at a time. Mix well and spread into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix pudding, milk, and cream cheese. Beat until lumps disappear. Pour into cream puff crust.
- Spread whipped cream on top of pudding and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup when serving.