This is a really simple, cake recipe that you will love, its really great kind of a really nice subtle new flavor that you will love. You will start this recipe by combing the dry ingredients in a bowl starting with the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda then whisk those ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix in sugar and two large eggs then whisk those two ingredients together until light and fluffy. Up to this point, the recipe is very easy and nothing too hard, if you have ever made banana bread then it’s just the same.
The next ingredient is a little trickier to find, its loosely Earl Grey Tea but if you have a teabag you can use that as well, you will then add one cup of plain whole milk yogurt or Greek yogurt with two teaspoons of vanilla extract and whisk that in. Since you are not using any batter in this cake, you will be using vegetable oil which makes this soft moist for days even when refrigerated.
You will need half a cup of vegetable oil, gently pour the oil into the mixture while stirring it in with a wire whisk. Add the prepared dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk them in until just combined. You will need a lightly greased loaf pan that is lined with a parchment paper, pour the batter in and level the top of the batter then add one tablespoon of granulated sugar over the top to have a crispy sugary top.
Bake the cake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit form 60 to 70 minutes depending on your oven then use a toothpick to check if the cake is well baked. Since the oven varies in temperatures, start checking the cake from the 60th minute. Let the cake slightly cool before cutting into the cake and enjoy it. This is a really nice cake with a moist texture, you can see the earl grey tea in the cake which makes it look amazing.
- Half a cup vegetable oil, plus more for pan
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups (250 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. loose-leaf Earl Grey tea or ¼ cup tea from bags
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. raw or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly coat a 9×5″ or 8½x4½” loaf pan with vegetable oil and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour, 1½ tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1 tsp. Morton kosher salt, ½ tsp. baking powder, and ½ tsp. baking soda in a medium bowl to combine.
- Vigorously whisk 2 large eggs and 1¼ cups (250 g) granulated sugar in a large bowl 1 minute (seriously, the time it!); mixture should be pale yellow and frothy.
- Whisk in 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt, 3 Tbsp. loose-leaf Earl Grey tea (or ¼ cup tea from bags), and 2 tsp. vanilla extract.
- Gradually stream in 1 cup vegetable oil, whisking constantly until incorporated. (Place a kitchen towel under your bowl to stabilize it so that you have two free hands.)
- Add dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Gently tap pan against the surface to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1 Tbsp. raw or granulated sugar. Bake cake until a skewer or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.