We are always in need of a healthy snack during the holiday season and these delicious deviled eggs are the best way to snack up. Depending on how you like them, you can always have a variety of different flavours. To get started, fill your pot with water and bring it to a boil, a larger pot is recommended to cook your eggs more easily and you can always double the recipe for a larger gathering.
Once your water has reached boiling point, reduce the heat to low so there are no longer bubbles forming then using a skimmer, gently lower your eggs to the pot. Set your timer to 14 minutes and while the eggs are cooking, prepare an ice-water bath and set aside. The ice water will immediately stop the eggs from overcooking once they are ready to be prepared. After 14 minutes, use the skimmer to remove the boiled eggs from the heat and lower them to the ice water bath until they are completely cooled.
Peel your eggs then give them a rinse and slice them in half and use a spoon to remove the egg yolk to a bowl and place the egg white on a serving tray. Once all your egg yolks are in the bowl, use a fork o break them apart until they are crumbly and resemble coarse sand. Add in about three tablespoons of mayonnaise, one teaspoon of mustard, a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and some salt and pepper. Use a fork or spoon to stir everything together until nice and creamy.
To transfer the yolk mixture back into the egg whites, use a small spoon or a piping bag to make sure the egg yolk mixture fit well into the whites. To finish off, grab your paprika and sprinkle a little bit on each egg then serve immediately and enjoy.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low (or off) to ensure the water is no longer boiling or has bubbles and use a skimmer to place the eggs in the water. Then increase the heat back to high and set a timer for 14 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling prepare an ice water bath and set aside.
- After 14 minutes, remove the eggs from the water and place in the ice water bath.
- Once the eggs have cooled completely, peel them and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolk to a small bowl with a spoon and place the egg whites on a plate.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir everything together.
- Use a spoon to add a portion of the deviled egg mixture back into the hole of each egg white. Sprinkle on paprika for garnish.