They are soft, gooey in the middle and the peanut butter is so rich. These chocolate chip peanut butter bars are sweetened with honey and maple syrup making it completely reined sugar-free. In place of flour, you are going to use chickpeas, they are packed with protein and fibre making it super nutritious. The chickpeas are replacing the flour making this treat completely gluten-free. Start by blending all your ingredients together in a food processor or a blender.
Blend until your batter gets smooth, you want to get al the chunks out. You are going to need an 8 by 8-inch baking tin then spray with non-stick spray and then pour the batter into the pan. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then generously sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the batter and then bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Depending with your oven temperature, start checking the bars at the 18th minute. Once baked, remove from the oven and slice them into equal squares then you can serve them.
- 1/2 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 15 oz. can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 bsp Honey (to make Vegan, use another 2tbsp Maple Syrup)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips, if vegan, make sure to use vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Blend all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a food processor until smooth. Pour into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of chocolate chips. If you like sweet/salty flavor, like I do, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the top.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes.
- Let cool. Cut into squares.