This is one of the basic coconut cookies that you should know how to bake. It is deliciously crunchy, sweet from the sugar and the taste of the coconut will make you want more of these coconut cookies. Start by creaming room temparature butter in a bowl then add the powdered sugar and mix it until the sugar is blended with the butter.
Add vanilla extract for flavour and mix it in then add two tablespoons of milk just to moisten everything. Add the sifted flour and continue mixing until you get a sticky then add 55 grams of desiccated coconut powder and mix it in. If your dough is soft, mix it then place it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before rolling it.
Mix it nicely until the coconuts are nicely mixed up. Once the dough has chilled in the fridge, bring it onto a lightly floured surface and lightly roll the cookie dough then sprinkle some of the desiccated coconut powder on top of the cookie dough then depending on the shape that you want your cookies to have, cut them out.
If you want the round-shaped coconut cookies, lightly roll the cut the cookie dough then place it over the coconut powder and lay them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the cookies in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C) for 15 minutes. These cookies will melt in your mouth with the nice coconut flavours.
- 200g All-purpose flour
- 100g Sugar powder
- 100g Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 55 g Desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp Vanilla essence
- Take a bowl adds butter and cream it, add sugar powder, vanilla essence, egg, mix it, add all-purpose flour mix this and add desiccated coconut powder.
- Mix it as a dough then put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Bring the dough onto a lightly floured surface then with a rolling pin, roll the dough then sprinkle some desiccated coconut and sugar mixture on it.
- Cut the cookie dough into even sizes, or roll them into a ball and arrange the cookies in the parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake the cookies in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven( 180 c) for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.