English breakfast is incomplete without a good crispy hash brown. You should try it tomorrow morning and it will change your breakfast forever. Hashbrown can also be made as a snack, prepare the potatoes and freeze them then fry whenever you want to eat them. To get started, you will grate three big potatoes using a box grater from the bigger side. Along with the potatoes, you will also grate half an onion and you will use the smaller side of the grater to grate it along with one clove of garlic.
Heat water in a medium-sized pot and once the water starts to boil you will add the soaked shredded potatoes, soaking the potatoes will help remove excess starch from the potatoes. If there is so much starch in the potatoes, the hash browns won’t be as crispy and they should so make sure you observe this for the crispiest hash browns. The potatoes should be soaking for about ten minutes then drain the potatoes and add them to the boiling water and cook them in the boiling water for about four minutes.
Turn off the heat after about four minutes and drain the potatoes completely and to stop the potatoes from cooking further you will put them in cold water then drain them again. Place the potatoes on muslin or staring cloth and squeeze to get rid of the more water that is in the potatoes. Place the potato in a large bowl and add the shredded onions and a clove of garlic, salt to taste, a little pepper of red chili pepper, a tablespoon of all-purpose flour and cornflour.
Using a fork or your hands, mix everything together then start shaping the potatoes into small ovals, take about two tablespoons of the potatoes, and flatten it into an oval shape with the palm of your hands. Get a pan with oil over medium heat then shallow fry the hashbrown and they should take about three minutes each side to brown well.
Place them on a kitchen towel to drain any excess oil, you should not overgrow your pan when frying, you can do this in batches so that the hashbrown may not come out oily. Finish the top with scallion and enjoy it. Prepare these hash brown on the next breakfast with yo8r family and enjoy it.
- 3 Potatoes (Grated)
- 1 Onion (Minced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- All-purpose flour – 1 tbsp
- Corn Flour -1 1/2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- Take 3 grated potatoes, 1/2 minced Onion, and 1 clove minced Garlic the soak the potatoes for 10 minutes,
- Boil a pot of water and add the drained potatoes to boiled water then cook for 2-3 mins
- Spread shredded potato out onto paper towels and drain out the excess water, cool it in cold water and again drain the water
- Add onions, garlic, salt, and pepper as per your requirement.
- Add 1 tbsp All-purpose flour and 1.5 tbsp of cornflour and mix them the take 2 Tbsp of mixture and flatten it
- Heat the oil on medium flame, add the flattened mixture and shallow fry them for 3 mins on both the sides
- Drain out the excess oil and serve it