These roll will be the pone that you will be making in your home time after time. They are so airy fluffy soft that when you press down
on it, they bounce back and stays that way for days. With the addition of the butter and honey in the recipe, it just melts in your mouth and makes it one with so much flavor. In a lukewarm m milk in a jar, add sugar and instant yeast then mix them into the milk and let it proof for about ten minutes.
In a small bowl, melt your butter then add sugar, two tablespoons of honey, and one room temperature egg then mix everything until well incorporated. For the dry ingredients, you will use bread flour because it has a high protein content, and the higher protein content in the flour is what will increase the gluten development and give more rise to your bread. Add the flour into the stand mixer bowl then add the bloomed yeast mixture and the butter hiney egg mixture then with the hook attachment.
Knead the dough on stir for about a minute then increase the sped to number four and knead the dough for about ten minutes. You will knead the dough is ready when it is very soft but not sticky, take out the dough and place in a greased bowl then let the dough rise for about one hour and thirty minutes or until it doubles in size.
Once risen, dump the dough onto a work surface and cut the dough into equal pieces then line the pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. When you are rolling the dough into small balls, you want to tighten it up, the tighter the ball is the better the gluten is going to form and make the rolls hollow. Once lined, in the baking tray, brush the top with a generous amount of egg wash then let the dough proof again for about an hour.
Bake the buns at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 17 minutes in the middle rack. These rolls will smell amazing and look gorgeous, brush the top with melted butter then let them cool and serve.
- Milk – 200 ml (a little over 3/4 cup)
- Yeast – 10 gr (1 tbsp)
- Sugar – 50 gr (3 1/3 tbsp) – 10 gr or 2/3 tbsp of this will be used for the yeast mixture
- Salt – 7 gr (1 1/3 tsp)
- Egg – 1 large
- Flour – 400 gr (2 3/4 cup)
- Butter – 4 tbsp ( 1/2 stick)
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Heat 200 ml of cold milk in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Mix in 10 grams of granulated sugar. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved. Now add in 1 tbsp ( 11 gr) of yeast. Quick mix, cover with plastic wraps and let it bloom until foamy (about 5 minutes)
- In a separate bowl, melt 4 tbsp of butter (heat in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Add to that 2 tbsp of honey, 7 grams of salt, 40 grams of granulated sugar, and one large egg. Combine all.
- Add 400 grams of bread flour to a mixing bowl then add the milk/yeast mixture and honey/butter/egg mixture to the mixing bowl.
- Once it’s added, put in stir position for 1 minute. Then increase the speed to number 4 and mix for 10-12 minutes.
- Grease a closed lid container with butter or oil. Form dough into a ball and let it rinse in the closed lid container in a Preheated oven ( 175 degrees x 1 minute). Shut off the heat.
- Place the container on the middle rack and let the dough rise to 2 1/2 x the original size. This will take about 1 – 1 1/2 hours then remove the dough, deflate, divide into 12 balls then add to greased baking pan
- Placed back into the oven after it’s heated for one minute at 175 F, oven off then let it rise to three times the original size or until it fills the entire baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F x 15-17 minutes, middle rack
- Spread melted butter on it after removing it from the oven.