This is an easy recipe to prepare and easy to eat, of course. You can make this buffalo chicken sliders in two ways, grilled or fried. You will use melted butter seasoned with garlic, salt, and Italian seasoning before being brushed on the buns. You will use Hawaiian roll bread which is always perfectly soft and just enough sweetness that you could use it as a compliment to both sweet and savory dishes.
To prepare the sliders, you will cut the whole loaf of bread in half, lengthwise. Spread on the chicken mixture, making sure to cover all of the bottom portions of the buns. Add the top half back on and then cover it with the melted butter. Save just a little bit of the butter to baste on at the end if you want. Cover it with tinfoil and then cook for about 15 minutes. Remove the tinfoil, brush on a bit more butter if you want, and then pop it back in for another 5 minutes.
Just long enough to give it a good golden brown color. Slice them up right away and let them cook for a just a few minutes before serving, these get really hot.
- 1 package Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Without splitting the rolls apart, cut the entire package of rolls in half to create a top sheet and bottom sheet.
- Place the bottom sheet of rolls in a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the rotisserie chicken, blue cheese dressing, and buffalo sauce.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the bottom sheet of rolls.
- Layer the cheddar cheese on top of the chicken mixture, covering it completely.
- Add the top sheet of rolls over the top of the cheese.
- Brush the melted butter over the top of the rolls and sprinkle with the dried parsley.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with celery and blue cheese on the side.