Shortbread cookies are amazing because of how they can be made in a different way. In a mixer bowl, put butter then add sugar and start to mix until they are soft and well incorporated. In a different bowl, place flour and add salt, whisk them together until they mix well. Add the flour to the butter mix in the mixer and turn the mixer speed to low. Let it mix until well incorporated. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease the baking pan with butter then using a spatula, level the dough in the baking pan then let it rest for 20 minutes. If you want the shortbread round, use a round object to cut the shortbread baking.
On top of being an incredibly versatile and easy recipe to remember, these easy Shortbread Cookies are made in just one bowl and bake up super fast. All you have to do is mix up the dough, roll it into a log, let it chill and then slice them into perfect little rounds. The finished cookies bake up to golden brown perfection with a super crumbly and rich texture thanks to all that creamy butter.
- 1 cup ( 8oz/240g) ) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (2oz/60g)) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups (10oz/300g)) all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350o F (180oC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the soft butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light inf fluffy.
- Add in the flour and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter dusted with powdered sugar and gently roll the dough into a long two by a two-inch log.
- Wrap the log of cookie dough in plastic wrap and allow to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is firm slice the cookies into 3/4 inch thick rounds.
- Place each round on your baking tray and bake for 16-18 minutes or until just golden.
- Allow cooling slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cool the cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.