Shortbread cookies are amazing because of how they can be made in a different way. In a mixer bowl, put butter then add sugar and start to mix until they are soft and well incorporated. In a different bowl, place flour and add salt, whisk them together until they mix well. Add the flour to the butter mix in the mixer and turn the mixer speed to low.
Let it mix until well incorporated. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease the baking pan with butter then using a spatula, level the dough in the baking pan then let it rest for 20 minutes. If you want the shortbread round, use a round object to cut the shortbread before baking.
- 200 ml Butter
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Soften butter.
- Combine dry ingrédients.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a separate bowl using an electric mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, but do not mix excessively.
- Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap, roll into a 5-centimeter tube and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Cut into 1-centimeter rounds, place on baking sheet covered in parchment paper
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 375°F (190°C).