These oven roasted potatoes are very easy to make, so you can have a delicious side dish with minimal work. The great thing about making roasted potatoes is that you can roast them at pretty much any temperature and they’re much quicker to bake than Baked Potatoes. I find a higher temperature give the best results for a crispy exterior and a fluffy interior.
Roasting the potatoes in the oven has always been the best way to cook them. It is an easy process and most of all require less cleaning up afterward. The herbs in the Italian seasonings gave the potatoes flavor while baking them cut side down made them crispy on the outside while still tender on the inside. This Italian seasoned roasted potato recipe is simple and delicious.
- 6 large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 – 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (this prevents sticking, but do keep an eye on it as this recipe is baked at a higher heat).
- Peel and dice the potatoes and place inside a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the olive oil and spices and stir well.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Spread the potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are tender inside and crispy outside, they are done.