This moist Banana cake is ridiculously moist, fluffy and nutty with little time for preparation. This cake is simple to make and comes together in a short time. It is a spur of the moment cake. A cake that’s so great for breakfast or when unexpected guests come knocking at your door. You want your bananas to be ripe with many black spots, this means they’re soft and full of sugars. You can peel them and freeze them to make banana bread at a later date too. Banana adds not only flavor to this bread but also moisture. Make sure your bananas are very ripe with lots of black spots. You can add in pecan or walnuts or chocolate chips to this banana bread recipe.
For easy removal, line the loaf pan with parchment paper leaving about 3 inches of paper folded over the top of the pan. Start off by mashing about 4 to 5 bananas until smooth then add in a cup of brown and white sugar then stir that together. Add in one cup of butter, five large eggs and then whisk really well so that the eggs can get mixed well in the batter. Next, you will add the vanilla extract and the almond extract, about a tablespoon of each. What makes this banana cake so good is the almond flour, you will add in the mixture. Most recipes for banana cakes call for two cups of all-purpose flour but you can use one cup of the almond meal and one cup of all-purpose flour and then add baking soda.
Combine the ingredients making sure everything is all mixed and moist and no flour clumps can be felt or seen. To prepare your baking pan, butter up the sides and the bottom really well so the cake doesn’t stick. Once all the sides and bottom are well buttered, pour the batter in the pan then set the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 60 minutes.
- 3 large bananas
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon or lime
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- ¾ cup sugar plus 2 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together mashed bananas, sour cream with a potato masher.
- Then mix in eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla until smooth; set aside
In a stand mixer, blend together all the dry ingredients – Flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add butter to the dry mixture until fully incorporated. Gradually add wet ingredients.
- Continue mixing for about 2 minutes until dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Scrape down sides and pour batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and then remove it from the pan to serve