This recipe is beyond easy, it comes together in a snap with just a couple of ingredients and it is basically foolproof. If by chance you have some leftover fudge, cut up some fudge add it to some hot milk and stir until smooth and there you have some amazing hot chocolate. Start by preparing your baking dish and you can line with a parchment paper and do not prepare your dish after the fudge is started because of the fudge will set up quickly.
Add the chopped chocolate into a nice good pot then add sweetened condensed milk and place it on medium-low heat. Use a spatula to continuously mix them as the chocolate starts to melt. Continue with the mixture until you have a nice silky mixture then take it off the heat and continue mixing it, add two tablespoons of vanilla and if you can substitute that with bourbon or brandy it will still taste delicious.
Pour the thick chocolate mixture to the prepared dish and smooth it out then place a paper towel on top and set it aside and let it set completely. You can also place it in the fridge to solidify quicker before serving it. Invert the cake on a clean surface and you can cut the chocolate fudge into any size pieces you want and can be enjoyed immediately, pop them on a cookie platter or wrap them individually and serve them as little gifts.
Wrap the cut pieces in parchment paper and store in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag. Fudged stored at room temperature can last from 7 – 14 days. Fudge can also be stored in the refrigerator wrapped and in an airtight container. In the fridge, the fudge will last 2 – 3 weeks. If you decide to freeze your fudge, make sure to wrap it up and place it in an airtight freezer-safe container
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chopped, 12oz, 340g
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chopped, 12oz, 340g
- 28 oz sweetened condensed milk 2 cans
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10mL
- Line a 9×9 inch dish with foil or sheets of parchment paper. You can use a larger dish like 9×13, the fudge will just be a bit thinner. Give the foil or paper a spritz of cooking spray or a swipe of melted butter to help it peel off later
- Add all the ingredients except the vanilla extract into a medium heavy-bottomed pot and place on low heat stirring frequently.
- Once the mixture has thickened and become shiny stir in the vanilla and pour it into your prepared dish and smooth with a spatula. Set aside to cool completely, at least an hour.
- When your fudge has cooled down remove from dish, peel foil or paper off and cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- You can enjoy the fudge immediately or wrap in parchment or wax paper.