These coconut-chocolate bars are so easy to make and handy for sweet snacks. This recipe uses milk chocolate but if you wanted to make it a little healthier you could swap this for darker chocolate. Line an 8×8 inch dish with parchment paper. In a medium dish, mix instant vanilla pudding and milk, using an electric mixer, minimum speed, for about a minute, then for 2 more minutes at medium speed.
In a separate, large dish, put cream cheese, softened butter and sugar and mix for about 2 minutes with an electric mixer, medium speed, until creamy. Add already prepared vanilla pudding and mix until well combined. Finally, add shredded coconut and stir well. Spread evenly in an already prepared dish, using some solid object to make a firm layer. Leave aside. Put heavy cream in a small dish.
Heat it on medium temperature. When it starts to boil, remove from the heat and combine with chopped chocolate. Stir well, so that all the chocolate melts. You need to be quick if you don´t want any crumbs. Spread evenly over the coconut layer. Keep refrigerated for minimum 4 hours.
- 3 1/2 cups finely shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 6-8 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Place shredded coconut in the bowl of a food processor and add 6 tablespoons corn syrup.
- Pulse until coconut is finely ground and sticky.
- Once mixture sticks together, use a tablespoon to scoop out balls of coconut and press them into flat bricks or ovals that are 3 inches long and 1/2-inch thick.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl and microwave at 30-second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sea salt and vanilla extract, if using, then use a fork to submerge coconut bars in melted chocolate, then transfer them to a parchment-lined baking sheet to set.
- Place bars in the freezer to chill for at least 1 hour, then serve chilled or at room temperature.