It almost tastes like a chocolate mousse. The chocolate cheesecake filling folds melted semisweet or bittersweet chocolate into a delicious mixture of cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and sour cream. It’s rich and chocolatey yet with a delightfully tangy flavor.
The texture will remind you of a silky smooth chocolate mousse. While some cheesecakes may have a sour cream topping since this cheesecake is all about chocolate. Beat cream cheese in a mixer until nice and smooth, add sugar and beat until well incorporated. Add vanilla extract, one egg at a time then continue to mix. Add the chocolate mix in the butter mix and using a mixer let it combine.
- 10 ounces biscuit or cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a food processor pulse the biscuits until they are fine crumbs. Put them into a small bowl and add the melted butter and stir until incorporated.
- Press into the bottom of your greased springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and remove and let cool while you make the filling.
- Melt the 10 ounces of chocolate in the microwave or using a double boiler until smooth. Set aside. In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Add in the melted chocolate and eggs and fold in until incorporated. Pour over the biscuit crust. Bake for 1 hour or until the center is set.
- Let cool to room temperature. Release the springform pan and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Melt the chocolate, whipping cream and sugar in a small bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Spread on the top of the cheesecake and chill until set. Top with chocolate curls if desired.