The most important thing about these baked chicken drumsticks is ensuring that they are dry. The chicken legs need to be as dry as possible to crisp up the skin. Serve them up with this pepper sauce or any hot or dipping sauce of your choice. These chicken drumsticks are absolutely amazing. All you need is a little bit of salt on the chicken before you rub the chicken with the dry rub.
To start, preheat oven to 425 convection. Pat dry the drumsticks with paper towels. Placed on a prepared cooking pan with the thicker part of the drumstick to the outside. Line with aluminum foil to help clean up. A rack elevates the chicken to help all sides cook evenly. Cook for about 35 minutes in the oven. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. They are way too hot to eat right away and will be better after a rest.
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- Juice of One Lemon
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 Cup Soy or Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 10 Chicken Drumsticks
- In a medium bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, soy or Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, pepper, and paprika.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to a large zip-top bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Close the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken for a few seconds.
- Refrigerate the chicken in the marinade for at least 30 minutes. For best flavor allow the chicken to marinate for 2-12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken in an even layer on prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, until cooked through.