This chicken pasta with spinach and bacon in creamy tomato sauce will be your new addiction meal. We are going to use chicken breasts or you can also use boneless chicken. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. In frying pan, add oil then add the seasoned chicn]ken breast and let them brown on both sides then set aside.
Take the bacon cut into strips and also fry them in the pan until they brown on both sides then set aside. In the same pan, add garlic, all-purpose flour then milk as you continue to mix them on medium heat until they thicken. Add parmesan cheese, red pepper then tomatoes, continue to mix the added spinach.
After cooking it for a few, add pasta then let them mix for a few minutes then add the chicken breasts and chopped bacon. Let them cook for 5 minutes then serve hot.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken
- 6 bacon strips
- 5 medium tomatoes (chopped in cubes)
- 10 oz. package of fresh spinach
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded (more for garnish)
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Arrange bacon strips and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon. Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined platter that will absorb extra grease.
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet. Add chicken breasts and cook on each side on medium high heat for a total of 3-4 minutes until nicely browned.
- Add sliced garlic in the last minute of cooking chicken, cook for 1-2 minutes until browned and fragrant.
- Slice it in thick strips and return only half of it back to the skillet
- Add chopped tomatoes to the remaining chicken and cook for 3 minutes on high until tomatoes release their juices. Add fresh spinach in 4 consecutive batches until it wilts.
- Add half and half of cheese sauce and bring the mixture to boil. Reduce to simmer and slowly add Parmesan cheese – until the cheese melts and makes the sauce creamy. Remove from heat.
- In the meantime bring a large pot of water to boil, add pasta and cook it according to instructions. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
- Add pasta and bacon and stir until fully coated in sauce. Season with more salt if necessary.
- Add the 1/2 of chicken that we removed earlier and slightly mix it in with the rest of the ingredients Cover with a lid until ready to serve to keep warm.
- Serve with additional shredded Parmesan and red pepper flakes, if desired.