These Banana muffins are so easy and so delicious with just the right balance of both flavors, neither one overpowering the other. The banana makes them so moist and they aren’t overly sweet, making them perfect for breakfast. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit that is 180 degrees celsius then you can either line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners or butter them.
These muffins are a quick bread and like you know the quickest bread does not require a stand mixer, you just need one bowl for the dry and the other for the wet then mix them together. Ina large bowl with all-purpose flour, add granulate white sugar, baking soda, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon then whisk that together.
Add in a cup of chopped nuts, you can use walnuts, pecans and if you don’t want to use nuts then you can leave them out and maybe add chocolate chips. In a second bowl with two large eggs, lightly whisk them together then add vanilla extract, try to use pure vanilla extract. Add three large mashed bananas then add melted butter that is cooled to room temperature and mix everything in. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and you just want to stir that until the batter comes together.
You don’t want to overmix the batter because that will make your cakes tough, mix just enough to get all the dry ingredients moistened. Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to scoop the batter into the cupcake pan. Bake the muffin in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. These muffins are best eaten the day they are made but you can cover and store them for a few days.
- 1 cup (110 grams) walnuts or pecans
- 1 3/4 cups (230 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cinnamon
- 2 large (100 grams) eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or butter or spray the muffins cups with a nonstick spray.
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and chopped nuts.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the eggs, melted butter, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky.
- Evenly spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake about 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for five minutes and then remove muffins from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.