This slow cooker balsamic chicken is one that’s really easy to prep and requires just a few basic ingredients. The chicken breasts are sliced and topped with lots of extra sauce. It’s all about the sauce. You could also shred the chicken if you prefer and stir it back into the sauce.
- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- chopped fresh parsley
- Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle over chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts in the insert of the slow cooker.
- Top chicken with onion slices and diced tomatoes. Pour balsamic vinegar and chicken broth over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.