A perfectly cooked, juicy, and ultra-crispy chicken wing needs to be fried two times, each at a different temperature and for a different amount of time. The first frying session needs to occur for about 25-30 minutes in oil that is just gently bubbling at 250-275 degrees. This cooks the chicken wing but maintains juiciness on the inside of the wing.
The outside skin begins to brown slightly but isn’t very crispy. That’s what round two is for. Let the chicken wing cool completely, and then fry in the same oil at 400 degrees, at a more rapid boil.
This will crisp up the outside and takes about 10 minutes. And that is how you obtain the absolute perfect chicken wing. Toss your Chicken Wings with some vegetable or canola oil. You can use olive oil but it doesn’t have a high enough smoke point. Avocado oil is another great one to use.
Bake them for around 45 minutes or until they’re super crispy. The oil and high heat are the secret to making them as crispy as fried. Then just brush on a mixture of melted butter and lemon pepper seasoning and serve ’em up!
The longest part about making these chicken wings is the time it takes to fry them the first time because it’s a low and slow process.
The best way to make sure that your chicken wings are juicy on the inside. After that part is over, you let them cool down before you fry them again, and this is where you can refrigerate or freeze them.
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings split
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbls Fresh Parsley
- 3 Tbls Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2 Tbls Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 425′
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with avocado oil and lemon pepper seasoning. Spread out on a lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway through
- While the chicken is baking, zest the whole lemon and combine with chopped parsley.
- Turn the oven to broil on high and broil for 5 minutes and then flip, broil another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is nice and brown and crispy on the outside. Should be fully cooked in the middle
- Once the chicken is nice and crispy, add the lemon zest and parsley mixture along with the juice of the lemon and toss it all together. Serve immediately