This easy one-bowl chocolate fudge cake can be covered in silky smooth indulgent chocolate fudge frosting. Start by adding dark chocolate and butter to a large heatproof bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds at a time. Stir each time after 30 seconds until it’s melted then add oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix that until everything is blended in then add three eggs and mix that until well combined.
Sift in all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir everything until smooth and no dry ingredients showing. You want to be careful not to overmix your batter. The best ingredient in making a fudge cake is boiling water. Add coffee powder into boiling water and mix then pour into the batter and mix it.
It will react with the baking powder in the batter and make your fudge super fluffy and intensifies the chocolate flavor. Pour your batter into a rectangle or square cake pan then bake in a preheated 130 degrees Celcius oven for 50 minutes. To make the frosting, add some dark chocolate in a bowl with heavy cream, butter, salt, and a little brown sugar for added sweetness.
Into a microwave, melt it 30 seconds at a time stirring each time until nice and smooth. Once done, let it sit at room temperature until it thickens to a spreading consistency. Once your fudge cake is done, let it cool completely then top it with the ganache. Serve and dig in. Enjoy…
- 1 cup (200 g/ 7Oz ) dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup (150 g/ 5.3Oz) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (90ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (412g/ 14.5Oz) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (40 g/ 1.4Oz) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups (225g/ 7.9Oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) boiling water
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder optional
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 3 cups (600 g/ 21Oz) dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) heavy cream warm
- 1/3 cup (83 g/ 2.9Oz) unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar