These air fryer donuts are made with just 7 ingredients, they are so easy and so delicious. You will need lukewarm milk in a jar that you can microwave for about a minute and to that add two and a half teaspoon of yeast and stir it in then add in a teaspoon of sugar, whisk in it and set it aside. Once the yeast has bloomed, pour it in the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl and add a quarter cup of sugar, half a teaspoon of salt, and one egg that is lightly whisked.
Mix that up really quick then add in melted butter and continue to mix just until the wet ingredients are combined. Add three cups of flour and with the dough hook attachment knead the dough for about 5 minutes or until sticky to the touch and smooth. Roll the dough into a ball and place it in a lightly greased bowl and let the dough rise for about one hour or until doubled in size.
Once the dough has doubled up and is ready, lightly flour your work surface and dump in the dough and roll it to about a quarter-inch thick the using a donut cutter, cut the donuts out and lay them on a parchment paper covered with a plastic wrap and let them rest again for 15 minutes.
Lightly spray your air fryer basket then gently place those donuts on the basket about 5 at a time and cook the donuts at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. While the donuts are cooking, prepare any glaze of your choice you can serve these donuts with vanilla glaze or a chocolate glaze. Once the donuts are out of the fryer, let them cool on a wire rack the glaze and serve.
- 1 cup milk, lukewarm (about 110°F)
- 2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Oil Spray
- Mix lukewarm milk, 1 tsp of sugar, and yeast and let sit until foamy (5-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons of butter, set aside then whisk 1 egg, set aside.
- In the same bowl as the yeast mixture, add remaining sugar, salt, and egg to the mixture. Blend for a moment and then add melted butter and 2 cups of flour.
- Mix on low speed until combined. Scrape the sides, then turn mixer back on low and add the rest of the flour (1 cup).
- Once the mixture is no longer sticking to the sides, increase speed to medium-low and knead for 5 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic-like.
- Remove dough from hook and then cover and let rise until doubled in size (usually this only takes about 20 minutes if you used instant yeast).
- Prepare a floured surface and pat dough down. Gently roll it out until it’s about a quarter-inch thick. Cut out as many doughnuts as you can. Go for a round cutter that is about 3-inches in diameter. For the centre cut, use a 1-inch diameter cut.
- Set donuts and donut holes on a silicone mat or parchment paper to let doughnuts rise until puffy (about 15-20 minutes)
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350˚and lightly spray Air Fryer basket with your favourite oil spray.
- Gently place donuts into Air Fryer basket in a single layer and spray tops of donuts with your favourite oil and cook at 350˚ until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining donuts and holes.
- Let the donuts cool before glazing with chocolate ganache or vanilla glaze.