Homemade Oreo cookies are made with dark cocoa powder are crispy on the outside with a perfect cream filling in the middle. An easy homemade oreo cookie recipe that you will love over and over. Add in flour in a bowl then add in cocoa powder, a dark nice Dutch-process cocoa powder will make the cookies extra dark and flavourful. Add ina teaspoon of baking soda, a quarter teaspoon of salt and baking soda then give that a whisk.
Onto a stand mixer, add in three sticks of butter then add sugar and cream them together. You want to mix them for about 3 to 6 minutes because you want a really nice and light and fluffy batter. Add in two eggs one at a time on low speed and mix for a while after each addition then slowly add the dry ingredients and mix the batter. Having a stand mixer is easy since it does all the work for you. Once the batter is ready, use an ice cream scooper to scoop out the dough onto a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for about 15 to 17 minutes.
Once they are out od the oven, line them to cool and start making the frosting. Get two sticks of very soft butter and add in powdered sugar then cream them together starting on low speed. Add a tablespoon of vanilla extract and mix that int then transfers the frosting into a piping bag. Pipe the frosting on one cookie while using the other to sandwich the frosted cookies. Repeat the process for the rest of your cookies until they are done.
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar, plus extra for tops
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until mixture comes together. Scoop out about 2 T of dough onto a baking sheet, allowing 2-3 inches of room for cookies to spread.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Place frosting into piping bag if desired, and pipe about 1-2 T of frosting onto each cookie bottom. Sandwich another cookie on top.