These rolls are really amazing because you can make them from scratch and get them into the oven for just 60 minutes. They are really fast and you are going to enjoy making them, for this recipe you will be using the stand mixer if you want to be fast but you can also make it by hand but that will take longer but the end product will still be amazing. Into the mixer, add on white flour then add sugar, a little salt for flavor, and then yeast. Turn the mixer to make sure the dry ingredients are well-mixed together and the yeat is all the way through.
Add in very soft room temperature butter and this is what will make this bread soft and richer. Turn rn on the machine and let the butter and the dry ingredients mix until its kind of coarse bread crumbs. For the liquid, you will need warm milk, you can replace the milk with water but then milk will make the bread richer, with the machine on low speed, add in the milk slowly because some times you may need more liquid or less liquid.
Knead the dough with the hook attachment for about 6 to 8 minutes on medium speed, what you are looking for is a clean dowl and a ball of dough and that is the perfect texture of dough that you will need for the bread. Get a clean bowl and coat it with oil then place the dough and cover the top with a wrap then let the dough proof for 20 minutes.
The little time to proof will make a difference to the dough, place the dough onto your work surface and roll the dough then divide the dough into equal parts depending on the size that you want. Line your baking tray with parchment paper then line the dough rolls in and place them close together because you are going to batch bake them. When they proof for the second time, they will all come together.
Cover them with a cling wrap so no air gets in then let them proof again for about 20 minutes until they get nice and big. Get some homemade garlic nutter which is just a bit of crushed garlic, some Kerrygold and parsley then brush each roll with the butter. Bread loves a hot oven and for these, you will bake in a 400 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until lovely golden brown.
The good thing about these rolls is you can enjoy them straight from the oven, the texture of this bread will be great, nice and airy in the middle, this bread is absolute perfection.
- 4 cups (1 lb 4oz/568g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (1oz/28g) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (12floz/355ml) warm water or 1/2 and 1/2 milk and water
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2oz/ 43g) butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add in the softened butter and mix on low speed until the butter breaks up into large breadcrumbs.
- While still mixing, slowly stream in the water. (Note: add enough water all for your dough to form a tight ball and clean the bottom of the bowl. You might not need all the liquid)
- Increase the speed to medium and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic about 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the dough into a lightly greased large bowl and cover tightly with cling wrap and a dishtowel. Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 20 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form it into an even ball. Using a dough cutter or knife, cut the dough in half. Roll each half of the dough into a long log. Cut each log into 8 rolls. Roll each one into the shape of a ball
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place each rolled piece of dough about 1 centimeter apart.
- Cover the rolls with cling wrap and allow to rise again while your oven is preheating to 400°F (200°C). This will take around 20 minutes.
- While the rolls are rising, mix together the melted butter, minced garlic, and dried parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the rolls have risen for the second time and joined together, lightly brush the rolls with half of the melted garlic butter.
- Bake until golden brown, roughly brown, roughly 18-22 minutes. Immediately after removing the rolls from the oven, brush them with the remaining melted garlic butter.
- After cooling slightly pull apart and serve. Cover remaining rolls and store at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.