This zucchini crust pizza is like no other you’ve had before. The crust is made up of zucchini, eggs, flour, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese. A low carb and more healthy option, and a way to sneak in your veggies. Top it with some cheese, pizza sauce, and your favorite toppings.
It all begins with shredded zucchini that is then place on a few layers or paper towel and sprinkled with salt. This helps draw all the moisture out of the zucchini for a crispy crust. Next, shredded cheese, an egg, flour, and spices are added to make the dough. The dough is then baked without the toppings for 10 minutes to get it all crispy, then it is removed from the oven and from here, you can add your favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings and return it to bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.
Make sure you remove all liquid from the zucchini. Dry zucchini will help to make the crust more firm.
Spread the zucchini crust to be about 10 inches in diameter on your pizza pan and bake it until it is firm and golden brown. Top with pizza sauce and spread about 2 inches from the edge. Add your favorite toppings and sprinkle with dried oregano or Italian seasoning and bake until bubbly.
Some of the topping ideas of this pizza are;
Pineapple and Ham
- 8 oz Zucchini
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Grease a 12- or 14-inch non-stick pizza pan.
- Spread out the grated zucchini onto the pan in a thin layer. Sprinkle very lightly with a little sea salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until zucchini is semi-soft and fairly dry.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, mozzarella, coconut flour and 1/2 tsp sea salt in a large bowl.
- When the zucchini is done, pat the dry as well as possible with paper towels. Mix into the bowl.
- Lightly wipe down the pizza pan to get rid of any stuck on zucchini. If it’s not very good non-stick, line with parchment paper. Grease the pan or parchment paper.
- Spread the zucchini pizza dough into a thin circle, about 11-12 in (28-30 cm) in diameter. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until there are brown spots on the top.
- Remove the zucchini pizza crust from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) and let it preheat.
- Let the crust rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, then top with thick sauce and toppings.
- Return the zucchini crust pizza to the oven for about 10 minutes, until the cheese on top melts. If desired, place under broiler for a couple minutes to brown the cheese.