These super delicious vanilla cookies are super easy to make and a great treat for breakfast. With a melt-in-the-mouth texture, these cookies have a lovely hint of vanilla that is the perfect base for any decorations you wish to try. The taste of sweet vanilla — which so often features only as a background flavor shines in these delicious cookies and their crispiness is nearly impossible to stop eating.
Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees Celcius then with the help of a stand mixer beat sugar, vanilla extract, and butter. When the sugar is dissolved unto the batter, add then egg and mix it in. Once everything is well mixed in, sift in wheat flour, yeast and a pinch of salt then using a spatula, fold the mixture together until the batter is very smooth.
Prepare your baking sheet by greasing and lining with a parchment paper then to shape the cookies, take a little dough and roll it into a ball shape. Once your dough is well rolled, pass it through icing sugar then shake off excess and line the cookies dough on the baking sheet. Do the same with the rest of the dough and line them with enough space between them so as to give room for the cookies to rise.
Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 15 to 18 minutes then allow the cookies to cool once out of the oven to make them crispier. You can serve these cookies by sandwiching them with jam, chocolate or eat them the way they are with tea.
- 8-1/2 oz. (1-3/4 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1/2 lb. (1 cup) unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar; more for coating
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt to blend.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand-held mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 min. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until thoroughly combined, about 2 min. Scrape the bowl again. With the mixer on low speed, slowly blend in the flour until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into a bowl of granulated sugar and roll to coat; then set the coated balls about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown on the edges and slightly soft in the center, 15 to 18 min. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 1 min. before transferring them to a rack to cool.
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.