They are one-bowl and come together in minutes. It’s the cocoa butter and sugar in the chocolate that makes chocolate brownies fudgy. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease your baking pan. Cream butter sugar with a spatula until combined. Add eggs, vanilla then mixes until well combined then add melted chocolate. Add cocoa powder in the flour and mix together then pout the flour mix to the buttery chocolate mix.
Do not overbeat your batter once the flour and cocoa powder are added. That creates air pockets in the batter which will give you cake-like textured brownies. Try not to over bake them these brownies should be at exactly 23 minutes in an 8×12-inch pan. You can go a little bit over if you like them set a bit more, but I don’t recommend it if you’re looking for the fudgiest brownies in the world.
Remember, they will continue to bake slightly in the hot pan once pulled out of the oven. I use baking paper so I can pull them out of the pan easier after about 10-15 minutes from the oven and place them gently on a cooling rack. Bake the brownies on the top shelf of the oven.
The middle shelf cooks them a lot faster, slightly burns them on the top and dries them out a little. Your oven may work differently. Mix well then pour in your baking sheet pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 ounces (300g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter ( 8 ounces ) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups (380g) granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 small espresso shot or coffee extract)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler, until completely smooth. Allow to cool, the mixture should be at room temperature.
- Beat the eggs with sugar, espresso and vanilla extract, until foamy. Dust the flour and cocoa mixture on top and mix gently to obtain a smooth texture.
- Pour chocolate/butter mixture over the eggs/flour mix and fold using a rubber spatula until smooth. Do not overwork the dough, otherwise, the brownie will be too cakey. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F (180°C), rotating the pan halfway through baking time. The tip of a knife inserted into the center should come out almost clean, with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
- Allow the brownie to cool down, then lift out of the pan using the edges of parchment paper. Dust with confectioners sugar if you want.