These brownies have a really deep chocolate flavor and a moist and chewy perfect to satisfy any chocolate cravings. The great thing about brownies is they are so easy to make. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and you will need an 8-inch square baking pan lined with aluminum foil and butter the inside of the foil. Melt butter in a saucepan over a stove or in a microwave, in a large bowl place, granulated white sugar and add unsweetened cocoa powder then whisk them together.
Once the butter has melted, pour it into the cocoa mixture and use a spatula or wire whisk to whisk everything together to get the sugar and cocoa powder together then add a little flavoring of vanilla. Add two large eggs one at a time and continue to whisk that in, you want your battery to be nice and smooth. For the dry ingredients, in a bowl with all-purpose flour, add salt, and if you used salted butter then you will leave out the salt in the dry ingredients.
Add baking powder, mix that in then add the dry ingredients to the cocoa butter mixture along with sour cream, you could use full fat or reduced fat then add half a cup of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips. You can also add nuts or leave it as it is, stir everything in the bowl until well mixed in then pour into the prepared pan and smoothen it out.
The most important part about baking these brownies is not to overbake them, bake them between 28 and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center still has some moist crumbs. Let your brownies cool completely in the pan once it’s out of the oven then place them in the refrigerator for a couple of jours so that they can firm up and it will be much easier to cut them.
The brand and type of cocoa powder you use will determine the flavor of your brownies. Store them at room temperature or in the fridge and eat them when you want them.
- 10 tablespoons (140 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup (75 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-processed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream (full or reduced-fat)
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line the bottom and sides of an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter (can also melt the butter in the microwave). Remove from heat and pour into a large heatproof bowl. Stir (or whisk) in the sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing until the batter is nice and shiny.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold this flour mixture into the batter. Finally, fold in the sour cream and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 28 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center has moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool to room temperature. Then, to make the brownies easier to cut, cover, and place in the refrigerator for two hours or until firm.
- When ready to cut the brownies, lift the aluminum foil out of the pan and, with a sharp knife, cut the brownies.