A delicious stuffed cabbage is one of the most comforting meals you will ever, make or take. Start by cooking your cabbage leaves after cutting it to half. Season the hot water with salt and ut the cabbage. Meanwhile, you can start making your tomato sauce by chopping onions, two cloves of garlic, place the saucepan on fire, add oil and start cooking the onions, season with salt and pepper. Add sugar and vinegar then simmer for around ten minutes. Remove the boiled cabbage from water and remove the core of the cabbage then peel the leaves then let it cool for a second. Chop the other half cabbage into pieces and put into a baking pan. At this time, your tomato sauce should be done, spread the sauce on the chopped cabbage.
Take ground beef, add an egg and whist then add the rest of the tomato sauce and season it with salt and pepper. Gently combine the ingredients then take the cabbage leaves and spoon the ground beef mixture and place them on the cabbage then fold them and place them on the cabbage tomato sauce in the baking pan. While others would simply place the whole cabbage in the freezer and thaw it to soften, I do love mine parboiled. In this recipe, boil a raw cabbage for about 4-5 minutes, remove from the stove and pour in hot water and add ice water. Just enough to hold the filling without easily tearing off.
Once done, cover the pan with cooking oil and place it in an oven at 375 degrees, cover it for about 40 minutes then remove from the oven once done. Serve your stuffed cabbage warm. You’ll definitely be going to love the soft cabbage leaves wrapping a roll of well-seasoned ground meat, rice, and veggies.
- 1 Head of green cabbage
- 2 Pounds ground beef
- 1 Pound ground pork or sausage meat
- 1 1/2 Cups Instant rice
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Large onion, ground with onion juice
- 2 Cans tomato sauce
- Remove the core of the cabbage with a paring knife.
- Place the cabbage core side down in a microwave-safe dish.
- Add 1 Cup of water and microwave on high power for 12 minutes.
- Rinse the cabbage with cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the leaves that come off easily without breaking.
- Set aside 3 or 4 of the tough dark green outer leaves for later.
- To remove the remaining usable size leaves, place the cabbage back in the microwave and cook on High for 5 minutes. Repeat the cooling process.
- Mix together all of the fillings. Roll in the cabbage leaves.
- Place rolled up cabbage rolls into Crock-Pot and pour tomato sauce over the stuffed rolls.