A lemon syrup cake is incredibly moist, delicious and perfectly sweet and lemony, probably the most delicious cake evr.! We are going to flavour it with lemon zest r orange zest or whatever you like but we’re going to add syrup to it and syrup is the flavoured with orange blossom water, my favourite flavour in the whole world. You pour it on the cake and the cake becomes moist, super flavourful and super amazing.
It doesn’t get much better than a lemon loaf cake, and this one is about as ideal as it can be. In a large bowl, place the eggs we need, 4, a pinch of salt and sugar. Using an electric egg beater, beat the ingredients on high speed for 5 minutes until you get a thick whitish mixture. Add orange or lemon zest, mix now you can use vanilla or cardamon, whichever suits you, the result will be a thick egg mixture.
Now in a separate bowl, sift the flour then add semolina to the baking powder and mix well, pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients and using a spatula mix all the goodies together until well incorporated. Add vegetable oil then mix well until the oil is absorbed, finally add milk and continue mixing until you get a very smooth batter. Prepare the baking pan by buttering it for the parchment to stick. Pour the batter in the baking pan and bake in a preheated oven at 360 Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celcius for around 45 minutes.
In the meantime, we make the syrup by combining orange juice, water, powder sugar, and honey. Turn on the heat to medium-low and cook the syrup for around 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat and add orange blossom water, mix well. Let the syrup reach room temperature before using it. By this time, our cake will be ready with a beautiful golden brown colour, flip the cake upside down and gently remove the parchment paper, using a spoon, pour the syrup all over the cake, you will thank yourself later. Let the lemon syrup cake rest for an hour before serving.!
- 135 g almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 79 g semolina flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 243 g sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Whisk together the almond flour, semolina flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl to combine.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter, sugar, and lemon zest until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- With motor running, gradually add eggs and beat until glossy, about 1 minute. Add dry ingredients and lemon juice and beat to combine altogether about 1 minute.
- Transfer batter to a prepared loaf pan, and bake until golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Lightly press the top of the cake to test — it should feel slightly springy when done. Let cool 20 minutes or so in the pan before removing and transferring to a cooling rack.